We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Lansallos & Polperro NDP. The information you provide will be held in accordance with these regulations and may be used by Polperro and Lansallos Parish NDP to update you on the progress of the NDP.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- contact information including email address
- address details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- we periodically send update emails about progress of the development of the NDP
- to invite you to public events relating to the NDP
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not share your personal information with any third party.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address shown on our contact page. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Under the GDPR, you have the right as follows:
- To request a copy of any personal data that we hold about them (as data controller), as well as a description of the type of information that we are processing, the uses that are being made of the information, details of anyone whom their personal data has been disclosed, and how long the data will be stored (known as subject access rights)
- To be told, where any information is not collected from the person directly, any available information as to the source of the information;
- To be told of the existence of automated decision-making;
- To obtain to the processing of data where the processing is based on either the conditions of public interest or legitimate interests.
- To have all personal data erased (the right to be forgotten) unless limited conditions apply;
- To restrict processing where the individual has objected to the processing;
- To have inaccurate data amended or destroyed; and
- To prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to themselves or anyone else
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will process your request within one month.